The Committee has as its only objective, the arranging of the conferences which includes the following:
- Booking of Venue, including facilities and meals.
- Deciding on topics, with a very strong emphasis on practical upskilling of the GP in his / her practice.
- Arranging for and paying speakers for their contribution.
- Applying for 10 CPD points, being 8 ordinary points and 2 ethic points.
- Arranging for the “electronic scanning” of all delegates, so that the points may be registered to the delegates, through MYCPD, (Medical Practice Consulting – MPC)
- Recruiting sponsors, to help defray the costs of the meeting.
- Other administrative tasks such as the compiling and printing of the program, Online registrations forms, website maintenance, information of delegates, both prior and on the day, circulating a survey.
Our Steering Committee comprises of the following persons:
Dr Mukesh Govind
Director and Chairman of the Gauteng General Practitioner forum (GGPF)
- Dr. Mukesh Govind is Director of IPAF in charge of the website.
- Dr. Govind is a Family Practitioner in Yeoville.
- Managing Director for JHB CITY MEDICAL GROUP.
- On the Board of Directors for GMCC .
- Director for SAMCC.
Dr Martha Ledwaba
Director of the Gauteng General Practitioner forum (GGPF)
- Family Practitioner in Vereeniging.
- Marketing Director at SP Net.
- Non executive board member of Clinix health Group.
- Member of the Bonitas Clinical Coordinating committee. (BCCC)
- Member of the Central Peer Review Committee at Medscheme.
- IPAF Member of the Family Practitioners Advisory Board at Discovery.
Dr Elijah Nkosi
- Dr. Elijah Nkosi is the Company Secretary & Director of IPAF.
- Executive Director of the South African Medical and Dental Practitioners (SAMDP).
- Founder member and current CEO of the GP network called the SAMDP Provider Network (SP Net).
- Trustee of Profmed.
- Dr Elijah Nkosi is practicing as a Family Practitioner in Soweto.
- Former chairman of the board at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital from 1999 to 2012.
Mr Herman Kohlöffel
Director and Finance (CFO) of the Gauteng General Practitioner forum (GGPF)
- Mr Kohloffel concurrently serves as a Medical Administration Director as well as Managing Director of a Medical IPA Operations Company and Strategic Medical Healthcare Property Investment Company.
- His health care career started in 1987 when he served in the medical corps for 2 years and then after completing his studies joined the private sector in 1993 where he began as a PR consultant to a Pharmaceutical Company. He has been involved with the NHC Ltd group since 1995 where he still currently serves as Managing Director.